Lwerudeso Organisation Structure
Lwerudeso employs qualified staff in line with its operations as shown in the structure below.
LWERUDESO: SENIOR EMPLOYEE RESPONSIBILITIES
Executive Director - Jjuuko Anthony
- Maintain strategic oversight of project (i.e. medium- & long-term awareness and planning)
- Ensure project constitution, policies and guidelines are comprehensive, up-to-date and followed by all employees.
- Develop & maintain strong working relationships with all Board members
- Maintain close, regular, formal & informal contact with Project Manager & Project Development Officer
- Maintain regular informal (& if necessary formal) contact with other project employees
- Build & maintain network of external contacts (for advice, influence, fund-raising etc)
Chair Board meetings (and oversee prior agenda-setting)
Project Manager - Tuhame Francis
- Oversee day-to-day management of project (through regular monitoring of school and community facilities & activities).
- Meet weekly with Executive Director, to discuss implementation of project strategy (via budget), current/potential issues arising, and current and potential project development activity.
- Meet every Monday with Project Development Officer & Accountant, to agree and document weekly plans (joined by Executive Director, Head Teacher and/or Community Engagement Workers, as required or requested).
- Meet every Friday with Project Development Officer & Accountant, to review current week’s activity and make initial preparation for following week’s activity.
- Monitor project’s physical infrastructure, and manage related activity (i.e. new construction, such as buildings and power supply, & maintenance/repair of existing structures, such as offices, classrooms, sleeping facilities etc.)
- Be responsible for quality assurance (& continuous improvement) of all project personnel and activities
- Monitor project’s Human Resources (i.e. all employees, and other regular contributors – such as parish & village Board members, external facilitators, and volunteers), intervening to support/guide as required
- Stimulate & monitor recruitment & training (employees, Board members, school staff and students)
- Stimulate & monitor physical expansion proposals/activity, in liaison with Executive Director (i.e. new buildings, vehicles and projects – e.g. trees, piggery/poultry, health clinic, guest house, micro-financing)
- Work closely with Community Engagement Workers on relevant issues/activities (e.g. appropriate Board members from the community, top current & anticipated community concerns/priorities etc.)
- Stimulate outreach activity, in conjunction with Executive Director (e.g. with media and potential donors)
Accountant (vacant due to COVID-19)
- Under guidance of Project Manager, prepare & manage project budget (via detailed monthly lay-out, and tracking weekly income & expenditure in preparation for Monday & Friday team meetings)
- Conduct all project banking activity, and carefully monitor account(s), ensuring weekly balances match figures documented in accounts spreadsheet
- Coordinate and document collection of school fees, and other financial contributions (e.g. from donors)
- Authorise and release funds for small project purchases (up to price limit agreed with Project Manager)
- Ensure safe on-site management & security of project funds
- Maintain close, regular communication with accounting mentor (Muheirwe Florida, ACCA)
Child Development Officer (Lwerudeso Primary School) - Waliggo Denis
- Oversee day-to-day management of school (i.e. staff/students & resources/ facilities/activities etc)
- Develop ‘whole child’ culture within school, where all aspects of development are addressed (i.e. intellectual, physical, emotional & spiritual)
- Maintain school discipline (within framework of compassion and fairness)
- Maximise academic performance of students – setting appropriate goals for
- mainstream & special needs students)
- Maximise performance of staff (i.e. quality of teaching/coaching, attendance etc.)
- Stimulate wider enrichment/development (through MDD, sports and other activities), including opportunities to compete (internally and externally)
- Ensure students have appropriate support to enhance academic & wider performance (i.e. adequate & appropriate resources/equipment, food & drink, time to play, sleeping arrangements etc)
- Ensure staff have appropriate support to maximise student performance (i.e. access to appropriate resources/equipment – both academic & non-academic, adequate food & drink, opportunity to relax etc)
- Ensure students have access to appropriate clothing/equipment for academic & non-academic activity
- Ensure school compound is well-maintained (for benefit of staff, students & visitors)
Administrative Assistant - Nannono Betty
- Carry out administrative tasks under guidance of Project Manager
- Arrange (& if appropriate collect) small project purchases, up to price limit agreed with Project Manager
- Prepare & print documents for Project Manager & other employees (wherever possible via computer)
- Ensure relevant records/files etc. left in their care are stored safely & securely
- Help coordinate arrangements for project special events (e.g. visits, parties)
- Help coordinate activity of external providers before arrival & while on-site (e.g. workmen, facilitators)
Head Matron - Nakafuuma Margaret
- Supervise all other matrons under guidance of the child development officer.
- Help coordinate all dormitory programs before forwarding to higher authorities.
Community Engagement Workers (x2) (vacant due to COVID-19)
- Establish close working relationship with Project Development Officer
- Widen & deepen engagement of local community, under guidance of Project Development Officer
- Identify and nurture key influencing groups/individuals within project area
- Identify local community groups/families under greatest pressure (i.e. struggling severely or in crisis).
- Establish top priorities of local community groups.
[N.B. These workers should represent different community groups (one from a dominant group/family and one from struggling group/family); also should be one male & one female.]